Profile for amdywyman

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ayden Speaks

I know I seem to post all of the cute Tate sayings and nothing (at least so far) for Ayden, but that's because Tate is in the age of cute sayings. Ayden is not far behind, and let me assure you, she speaks and speaks a lot! She talks in complete sentences (not ALWAYS coherently), but you can understand her about 85% of the time. She sounds so cute when she talks too! I've thought about pulling out the camera to try to catch it as she does it, but most of the time it just doesn't work out and the kids start playing to the camera instead of being themselves. So here are a few things she says regularly:

"Tate do" - this can be a question or an accusation. In the form of a question: "What did Tate do?" this is mostly in response to Tate getting in trouble. An accusation: "Tate do!", which we usually respond, "What did Tate do?", and the response is always, "That!" and we have to guess what happened or ask Tate.

Her newest: "I did it, mommy (or daddy)!" Whenever she struggles with something and then gets it done. One time she was so excited that she threw her arms out from her sides and said "I did it, Mommy! I did it!"

Wa-wa: water, any water.

C.C.: horse, any horse.

"I see you mommy (or daddy)!" and "Boo!" - as you might of noticed from the previous video, she likes to hide and say either the first or second phrase.

"Baby" - This refers to her doll. She is 'baby'.

"I want to call Grant" - The other day after we got home from Seattle she handed me the phone and said this. It was too cute!

"Dadda, Mamma, Dadda, Mamma" - She will sometimes just say this over and over again, without any rhyme or reason.

In no way is this comprehensive, I can't remember everything and I'm sure as soon as I post this she will say something and I will think, "AHH! I should have posted that!" She will absolutely try to say anything. She loves a book we have about sign language, so I'll ask her to say something in sign language and she'll do it. But for some reason, blanket is the only one she will often speak instead of sign. So when I asked her to say it in sign language she said "sign language". The other day I actually caught it on video (sorry about the moving camera, I was trying to turn the pages of the book, hold onto the camera, and make sure the camera stayed on Ayden):


2 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Ohhh I LOVED IT! She is so cute! I am impressed with all her signs.She does an excellent job. Loved the teeth brushing and the twinkling stars. That was so sweet asking to speak to Grant.

Steph said...

That is way cute!! What a smart little girl.