Profile for amdywyman

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Friends are the best

I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends! I have wanted to do this blog since my birthday, but it kept getting put off and something else would pop up, but it's too important to put off any longer.

Tracy reminded me when she did this post and said way too many nice things about me, that I am so lucky to have so many great friends! Thanks Tracy for the kind thoughts and words. I'm not sure I deserve it, but I love you for being my friend!

So, to continue on naming wonderful, beautiful people, I would like to mention Holley. On my birthday she took my kids for the day so I could sit at home and do nothing at all!! (One of the best gifts ever!!). She then asked me what I wanted for my birthday 'cake' (I'm not a huge cake fan) and made it to order (It was a pear-ginger crumble, and it was fabulous!). Then on short notice I asked her if she would go to the local scrapbooking store and attend a card making class with me and she said "Of course!" So she came and picked me up, we went to the class, she took me out to dinner, we came back to my place and had 'cake' and then gave me two fabulous gifts. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday! So I know I didn't tell you enough that day, but thank you again, Holley, I loved my day!

So that was just one day. Holley is constantly there for me, ready to pick me up when I'm down, help me get out the door to workout, helps me out in any number of ways that I can't even name them all! Plus she has a totally sarcastic humor that I think is hilarious (maybe weird, I know, but reminds me of family).

So to Holley and all my wonderful friends: I thank you for being in my life and making it richer.

I have a proposal: What about a long weekend (or whatever anyone can squeak out) down in Corpus this spring? (I picked Corpus because Lynn and Steph are there and Lynn has the youngest child who is still breastfeeding, and it should be WARM!) Let me know any dates or times that this absolutely wouldn't work and let's see if we can make this happen!

6 comments:

Holley said...

Awww shucks! This is like the pot calling the kettle black!??!
Anyway the Corpus thing sounds great! I have been checking on cruises for all of us but the prices are way higher than they were last year. Who knew that a recession would make everyone want to go on cruises???

Boagie (Janice) said...

Sounds like Holley made your birthday a memorable one. She's a sweetheart. By the way.... Happy Birthday..when was it?
Does the trip also go for grandmas???? I could babysit or toddler sit now (they all are growing so fast.)

Carrie said...

I would be up for Corpus, it would have to be the beginning or middle of March for me, because then Lenny will be gone...if that doesn't work out for everyone else, no sweat, I can do it next time.

Steph said...

I LOVE your idea Amber!!! I can make anytime work...

Tracy said...

Is this a trip with or without kids? I love it either way! Let's do it! Count me in for anytime this spring.

Tracy said...

If you thinking April...how about the beginning? Looks as if HI will be the end of April beginning of May.