Profile for amdywyman

Thursday, December 4, 2008

In an attempt to go insane. . .

This was not the plan. I promise. I don't normally purchase these things, because what usually happens is I eventually have visions of homicide when these things are around. Seriously. Putting them in the middle of the road and have them get crushed by the next car while I laugh maniacally truly runs through my head. I'm sick, I know.

The reason behind this fun little thing is this: Last week we went to the doctor to have Ayden's eyes checked. We find out she has pink eye and one, possibly two, ear infections. So, we head from the doctor straight to Rite Aid to pick up her Rx. As we are walking around she spots this chicken and asks to see it. Without thinking, I give it to her and I let her play with it as we walk around the store thinking that we'll put it back before we leave. As I'm heading back to the aisle to put it back I realize that I just let my highly contagious daughter play with a toy and I was going to return it to the shelf. I just couldn't return it knowing she contaminated it, so I bought it. It has been a joy in our house ever since.









As you can see, it keeps my kids nice and calm too.

If you can make it to the end take a look at Ayden's poor eyes. That's not even the worst.

4 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Poor little girl. The chicken is too funny...it's not bad enough to have the chicken dance but to add jingle bells.

Steph said...

Luke LOVES those things. I mean, LOVES them. My in-laws brought not one, but two singing Christmas guys when they came to visit (which happen to play the same song) so he has been having a blast. Mine don't do a dance like that fancy chicken though... And yea, I can comment again!!

Leah said...

Too funny! Tate dances like Ethan, they'd be such buddies if we were still there...

Tracy said...

So now I'm wondering if you murdered the poor caterpillar we gave Tate a few years ago.???? Tate has some great moves...too bad break dancing isn't all the rage anymore. We have ALL 9 of our Christmas singing creatures sitting on our train table right now. The harmony created when they all sing together is pure torture on our ears...but Mikie loves them. Zach is a little freaked out though.