Profile for amdywyman

Monday, December 15, 2008

Blast from the Past December: Andy and I

I was at a loss of what to do for this month's Blast from the Past, but then I realized what is more appropriate than Andy and I since our birthdays are this month and only three days apart. Can you believe it? A non-kid related post!

Ok a couple of things before we move on to the cute and embarassing pictures I have posted.

One: I have only ONE picture of Andy as a baby. That's it. My mother-in-law refuses to hand over any more. Actually this picture took an act of Congress to get.

Two: As a result of having only one picture of Andy I have bombarded you with pictures of me. Some of them will be cute but some of them will be down right embarassing. You know all those styles you thought were cool when you were young? Well, they weren't, they more than likely weren't at the time either, but we all wore them anyway and felt cool.

Here is the one of Andy. I don't even know how old he is, but it's such a cute picture. Unfortunately, there are no embarassing pics for Andy. Andy was actually born in the town I grew up in (December 14 in Yakima), yet I was not. He grew up in Ephrata, a very small town in Central Washington that totalled about 6000 people. In other words, if you blinked while driving through the town, you missed it.

Ok, now for the somewhat scary part, my pictures! I grew up in Yakima but was born in Aberdeen (it's on the coast and was once a HUGE logging community, born just 3 days before Andy on December 11). Here I am about a month old. Look at that pink. Shouldn't my mom have realized already that pink is just NOT my color????
I am thinking that I am around Ayden's age in this picture. The lady in the background with the big hair is my Nanna.
This one I think I'm around one. I didn't do an extensive study of dates, just scanned whatever pictures I found that I liked or remembered.
I think I still have this dress.
This is on my third birthday. This dress was my mom's and I actually still have this dress too. I better try it on Ayden soon.

I think all that green made my face green.
I have no clue how old I am but this is my uncle Chris and I on Santa's lap.
This is sixth grade. I'm glad it's not closer. Actually I wasn't so bad here, high school is much worse. This was taken on a field trip we took with Mr. Joslin, my all-time favorite teacher.
At the 1986 World's Fair in Vancouver, BC. Yep, I was 13 in this picture and it was starting to get scary. That's me in the striped sweater, of course. I'm standing with (L-R) my great-uncle John, my mom, uncle Butch, and aunt Tina.
I thought this might scare you after those fairly innocuous photos above. Who doesn't like to see a mouth full of braces?? I am in the 10th grade here, mugging it up for the camera with my cousin in the background.
I forgot!!!! There is another picture of Andy!!!! Here we are at Prom, our senior year. How sad is that dress??? How sad that getting dyed matching shoes was cool (you can't see them, but I assure you, they are there)!! What's even more sad? I still have that dress in my closet. Why am I keeping it? I don't really know, it's not like Ayden is going to wear it someday.

On the good side, we had a great night, getting home sometime around 2 or 3 in the morning?
I'm at a party with my friend Barb. I refrained from scanning the other picture from this party where I am holding a HUGE bottle of vodka. I did it as a joke because everyone knows I don't drink. Really. It was a joke. I'm serious! Truly! A joke. You know, ha, ha?
This is outside Andy and my college apartment. I'm standing with my cousin Trena (the one in the braces photo too). What happened to my hair, you may ask? Stuck my finger in a light socket. Electricity is hell on hair.
Well I hope you enjoyed this Blast from the Past. All I ask is that you all still remain friends of mine. Please?? Pretty please?? I'll cook you good food!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That was a great idea to post about you and Andy in Dec. I think you looked great in all of them! I really liked your prom dress with matching shoes comment. I had forgotten that I did that as well since you never get pictures of your feet in any photo albums. Of course, my absolute favorite pict of you will always be the one with the adorable bow in your hair!

Boagie (Janice) said...

A belated birthday to you & Andy. Enjoyed the pics. I would have sworn that picture with the car was Ayden not you. Glad she takes after Mommy (very pretty). Pretty cool you still have some of the old dresses, it will be fun to see 3 generations in them.