After this calendar year ends, I will publish my blog into book form so that I can keep it around forever. This way I can look back and laugh at all of the things that happened, and I can whip the book out and point to the appropriate page when my children tell me I never do anything for them.
If you would like to do this too, here are a couple of options. One easy, and one more difficult.
The easy:
Blog2print.com: This is quick, you just download your blog and they put into book form. The downside to this site is that it doesn't have a lot of options for covers and layouts, and I can't figure out how to move the pictures around so that they are actually next to the words that describe them. (for some reason it lists the words on one side and the pictures on another but not where they were originally)
The more difficult:
www.blurb.com: Now, this one is great, you get a lot of options of covers and layouts (in fact you can pick out a different one for each page if you want) you just download their software, called BookSmart, and you are off and running. Well. . . almost. See the problem here lies in the fact that BookSmart will only download Typepad and Live Journal blogs and everyone I know has Blogger. I did find a way around this though. First you need to open up a Typepad or Live Journal blog account (I believe that Live Journal is free, so choose that one for this application), once you have opened up your account (use all the same info from your current blog that way it will be easy to remember and don't forget to make sure all your privacy options are covered, you don't need this blog out there for people to find, unless you want to, of course), you then need to download Blog2Blog software. This software will allow you to import your Blogger account into your new Live Journal account. Once you have it downloaded into your Live Journal account, you need to download the BookSmart software, and you can then 'slurp' (that is the word they use at BookSmart) your blog into your BookSmart software and it should pull up your blog into book form. You might think this is too much trouble to do but really it's the only one that gives you great options. You should at least check out the blurb website to see their options on books.
Now the good news: BookSmart should work with Blogger again in the future, it just doesn't right now. (In other words all those extra steps may be unnecessary soon, although when is anyones guess) It has worked in the past but they had some difficulty with Blogger lately and they are looking to get the problem fixed. You can read more about it here.
Any questions? Please feel free to ask!
Blogging Much!?!
10 years ago



4 comments:
I have a question:
Will you do mine for me while you're here in January???
Thanks so much for posting this. BE SURE NOT TO DELETE IT after you publish yours in January so we can all access it.
Any idea how much this costs?
Well the cost does depend on what kind of book you get, but it's really not bad at all and the other nice thing is that you can buy just one if you want, or more. Here is the site to check out their prices: http://www.blurb.com/book/pricing
You are so nice; to do all the leg work for this book and then turn around and give it to all of your friends (to save them time.) I am still impressed at you. Wish I could call you my daughter. I'm still laughing at the elve videos.
Have you done this yet? If so, bring it with you when you come I'd love to see it. I posted a link to this post on our MOPS website because someone asking the same question about publishing from blogger. So, you probably helped more people than you thought. Thanks again for all the info. I have yet to even think about attempting it.
Post a Comment