Profile for amdywyman

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chores

My kids have chores. They're nothing big, and we don't call them chores, but we have discussed that there are certain things we do for our house, family and ourselves. For example, some of the their 'chores' are to brush their teeth, clean up their toys, and clear their plate when they are done with dinner. We really have no problem with the kids doing any of these because as you know, most children this age want to help.(It will be a whole other story when they hit the teenage years) This is the newest chore:







Tate just started helping me one day and then I decided I would just let him do it. It's nice because it all goes into one place and it's an easy sorting activity for him to do (I make sure I remove any knives or other sharp objects first). Ayden helping is new, and a little more work for Tate, but they both seemed to enjoy it. I also love this because it's one less thing I have to do! Yay for me! Er, I mean, thanks for helping Tate and Ayden!

2 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

What good helpers. Can't believe Tate is so patient and kind; most older kids would have gotten upset that the younger sibling was not doing it right...not yours though. Loved the "big spoon" words. Ayden sure is talking a lot.

Tracy said...

Today at Wal-Mart something must have triggered Mikie's memory of watching this video a few days ago because he started laughing and said "Ayden didn't know where the spoons went." That is a great job to have them do. Can't wait until they can scrub pots and pans while we relax on the couch.