I've been in a little blogging slump lately, which is the norm for me. There are times when I feel like I could write about the dust collecting on my furniture, (I'm joking. I NEVER let dust collect on my furniture. Never. My middle name is Martha. NOT!) and then there are other times that only the big events keep me blogging. Anyway, here are a few things we've been up to:
Ayden is posing here in a hat I had just finished making her.

Another hat and cutie Ayden shot:

Here we are one night reading stories before bedtime. You may ask what my kids are doing, they are flossing their teeth as I read the story. They love flossing their teeth.

The day after Thanksgiving my husband pulled out all the Christmas decorations, so we had to decorate. Tate is so happy he is hugging the tree.

So Ayden had to do it too.

Here she is wearing our Christmas stockings on her feet.

Putting up ornaments.

I wish this was less blurry around his hands, but I love this shot.

Same with this one.

Tate got to put the topper on the tree.

Ok, these last few days have not been on the fun side. On Friday Tate woke up sick with what the Stellers had. Thank goodness my superior genes (Holley's words, not mine. If I truly had superior genes my kids wouldn't get sick at ALL!) keep my kids from usually getting sick for very long. Tate had two days of true sickness (fever, throwing up (which was only once, thankfully), and diarrhea) and then whininess after that. On Tuesday Ayden woke me up by throwing up in her crib and then promptly calling out to me "Mommy, look what Tate did!" Going in there I thought she may have needed a drink of water, but no, she threw up this red goo. Now you might think I'd be worried about the redness, but then I remembered she had blueberries the night before. She then preceeded to throw up all the next day. She threw up at least 20 times yesterday. It was unbelievable. She never stopped eating the entire day. At one point she had a little bowl of cheerios next to her and she would eat a few, throw up, eat a few more, and throw up. It was like that the whole day. I kept milk from her until around 4:30 and when I finally gave it to her she promplty threw it all up. It was work to keep the bowl next to her all day so that I could catch the majority of it. I literally did wash from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. non-stop because of all the things she ended up puking on. By the end of the day I was at my wits end and losing it. Today I'm expecting the diarrhea portion of the sickness. Fun!
Tracy I don't know how you deal with sick kids all the time.
Anyway, on Sunday it snowed here. I wasn't expecting to stick around but it did because the weather was so cold Monday and Tuesday (below 20 at times), so today we woke up to even more snow and it has been snowing since we woke up this morning. It's absolutely beautiful around here when it snows. I love that how silent it gets. Here is the view out our back door this morning.

Look how much snow we had piled up on the light.

The bamboo was bent over from the weight of the snow.


The view out our front window (sans curtain). I know you asked about our lack of curtains, Tracy. Well on Thanksgiving I decided to wash them and they basically fell apart. So, we have no curtains for the time being. It is amazing how exposed I feel without those curtains.

In this shot it's snowing, although I'm not sure you can actually tell.

So I decided to get a video of it (hopefully you can see it all):
To celebrate the beauty of the snow and the holiday season we are now sitting on the couch, wrapped in blankets, watching the snow and The Polar Express and drinking hot cocoa. That is the only way to deal with a snowy day like this.
2 comments:
And she knits also. Amber, you are totally amazing! Sorry about the flu bug. Them Stellers will share anything, ha,ha. I know Ayden's messes were bad; but maybe it's for the better, so she didn't have the dry heaves. I can't believe she go sick so many times. I thought it was bad for poor Zachary & Mikie. I also know how much time was envolved in washing bedding, clothes, etc. since Tracy had the same dilema.
On a brighter note...the tree pics were beautiful. Loved the kids hugging the tree. The snow is so beautiful when it is light and fluffy. Makes the winter more bearable.
I LOVE YOUR HOME PAGE. Is there anyway you could share it with Ayden and her cute hat?
That makes me jealous. The snow is awesome. It was cold down here for two and a half days and now its back up to 80... Ayden's sickness sounds like my pregnancy - throw up, eat a little, throw up some more, eat a little, feel nauseous, eat a little. I don't know why I gained so much...
Post a Comment