On Saturday, we went on a Christmas Train in Wickersham, WA. We had the four of us, Andy's mom, Andy's brother Mike and his wife Marion, Holley, James, Grant and James' mom. (I'm going to let Holley do the Steller portion of the blog. Holley, you're a little behind aren't you???)
Here we are in front of the train. The train was made around 1913.

Our train, # 627. (That was for you, Mikie!)


Ready to go!

Showing off their tickets.


Sitting with daddy.

I got the tickets in early September and I'm glad I did. I got the first tickets and since they fill the tickets from the front of the train to the back, we were the first to see Santa. This was Ayden's response when I asked her if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap.

Tate was completely excited and couldn't wait to see Santa. He kept telling us for days what he was going to ask for (candy) and how he was going to sit on Santa's lap and talk to him. He did a great job!

One of the best things about this train ride was that Santa sat down with each individual child and TALKED to them. He asked Tate about school and if he knew his ABC's, and he asked Tate to recite them. He asked him what he wanted and the kinds of things he liked. It was amazing. They also had a man with a banjo that went from car to car to sing Christmas carols. All in all, a great experience and it was a great surprise to see and spend time with Mike and Marion! Thanks for coming with us!

Ayden wouldn't even wave goodbye.

Getting our tickets punched.

Only one child?

The little "elf" that handed out candy canes to the kids.

There is our other child with Aunt Mimi and Uncle Mike.

Ayden having fun with Grandmama.

Here we all are! We even have our little Waldo! (the kids are all more concerned about the candy canes they are eating)

A view out of the back of the train.

We stopped here and walked around a little bit. There was a little waterfall, although we did have to work our way through the mud. (Mikie, we had engine #30!)

This is our train car, we were at the front of the train but when we reached the half way point on our journey, the engine disengaged and went on a track to the side of us to get to the other end of the train and then pulled us back to the station.

Here is the video of Tate talking to Santa.
2 comments:
Sniff...sniff...I knew you'd be posting this one soon and it's making me so sad that we aren't there! You all look great! Did you read the Polar Express before you went? I'll let Mikie look at this tomorrow and post his comment. Thanks for including the numbers for him. I know he'll be excited!
What a fun time, a train ride with Santa. Loved the little video clip. So nice each child got special time with him. That was so nice you included numbers for Mikie. Ayden's facial expressions are adorable...they tell it like it is. I posted more last time to yours and Tracy's blogs but the comments didn't keep for some odd reason.
Post a Comment