Profile for amdywyman

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gross, disgusting, yuck!

Ok, in honor of Stephanie's previous blog about sickness, I present mine. As you know from yesterday's post, my daughter is currently sick and apparently likes to throw up similar to the way I did when I was a child, i.e. no warning, and make sure it gets everywhere. (By the way, that little bit about puddle and poop being in the same sentence? We had that too when Tate woke up on Saturday morning and it was all over our bathroom floor. Thankfully, Andy got to clean all that up.)

After Tuesday's throw-up fest, Wednesday was fairly harmless. Ayden ate breakfast and lunch, laid down for a nap and never threw up. When she got up from her nap, she was laying on me, and when she does this she wants to lay a certain way and not be moved. Well she started moving all around, not finding a comfortable spot, and I had just dialed the phone to my cousin when she did it. She puked all over me. Lovely. The only bright spot is that she didn't have a lot in her stomach so it was contained mostly on me.

This morning, thinking good thoughts, we start to eat breakfast. Ayden ate a little cereal, threw up beside her bowl, insisted I clean it up, and then went right back to eating her cereal. I didn't think too much into it because, well, she had done this all of Tuesday. She finally said she was done (two small bowls of cereal, second one not completely finished, one glass of apple juice, and one of milk), and wanted to get down from the table. She wanted me to hold her, so I did, sitting on the couch. She was still until, again, she started moving around like she couldn't get comfortable, (you would have thought I would get a clue, but no, I'm dense) and she did it again. She threw up all over me, herself and the couch. This time there was no bright spot. She had a full stomach, and it just kept coming out, over and over and over and over and over again.

So at the first blow I panic and yell, "Tate, help me please!" To which he replies, "Ok mommy, I'll help you." And then I think he realized that he didn't quite know what to do and eventually he just stands there watching in horror as Ayden throws up on me about five times and I'm trying to contain all of this stuff on me and not let it get on the couch. (I think he may be a little traumatized after all this throwing up.) Finally he breaks and says, "Mommy, how about if I just read this book." At the terror stricken look on his face and that comment I just have to start to laugh (it was either that or cry and I really didn't want to cry). So finally she stops, and then I have to somehow get myself and her off the couch with nothing getting on the couch or floor or walls or stairs or, well, anything else. We make it upstairs fairly easily, and I just put both of us in the shower to hose us off.

My clothes literally stuck to me, and it had soaked through everything so that I felt like I had taken a bath in it. When I had gotten us, the couch, our clothes, and pillow all cleaned up I realized there is one bright spot to this episode. I wasn't stuck on a plane with a bunch of other people. Right, Holley?

So after this fun morning I needed a little pick me up, a little humor, a little fun. So here it is, enjoy!



Send your own ElfYourself eCards

3 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

TOO FUNNY!!! I am still laughing at the cards. You and Andy will have to watch out when Ayden is a teenager....she is so BEAUTIFUL and when she dances, it's so sexy. She'll have every boy in the state of Washington and one in Virginia asking her out on dates.
I am so sorry about the flu; but how can you tramatize a 3 year old like that. ha,ha. I would have done the same thing in a split second, then realized it was to late. I feel for all of you.

Tracy said...

LOL at your description of Ayden's exercist moments. I guess this one is lasting a little more than 24 hours :( so sorry!

Carrie said...

Well, at least our horrible moments give the rest of us blogging Moms a good laugh! I always love your descriptions of these moments, and even though I chuckle I feel for you too...YUCK!